DUSHANBE, October 12, Asia-Plus - On Wednesday October 11, the Committee for Religions’ Affairs began accepting applications from Muslims wanting to make Hajj (the holy journey to Mecca) this year.  The deadline for accepting document is November 10.  

This year, Hajj will come to US$2,500, which is US$200 more compared to last year.  The committee source said the rise in prices is linked to the fact that 19 hotels that received Tajik pilgrims last year refused to receive them this year, while other hotels have raised prices.    

“Under quota determined by Saudi Arabia 3,600 people from Tajikistan mad Hajj to Mecca in early 2006,” said the source, “This time, there are no any restrictions in number of pilgrims, and all those interested, reaching the age of 18, may make the holy journey to Mecca.” 

Tajik pilgrims will fly to Saudi Arabia by planes from Dushanbe and Khujand.