DUSHANBE, November 23, Asia-Plus – Russian cellular operator MegaFon plans to extend its presence in Tajikistan next year, MegaFon director general Sergey Soldatenkov said in an interview with Vedomosti.
According to him, MegaFon has got to the Tajik market second. “We stands second on the Tajik market, which is one of most liberalized in the region,” said Soldatenkov, “Three companies in Tajikistan are developing the 3G standard.”
MegaFon owns 75 percent of the shares of one of Tajikistan’s largest cellular operators, MLT/TT Mobile, which covers all four provinces of Tajikistan, operating in 40 cities and districts. MLT/TT Mobile has more than 135,000 clients in Tajikistan. .
MLT/TT Mobile is a joint venture between the Russian cellular operator MegaFon and Tajikistan’s national fixed-line operator, Tajik Telecom. Tajik Telecom holds a 25 percent interest in MLT/TT-Mobile. Last year. MLT/TT Mobile was the first cellular operator in Tajikistan to offer its clients the 3G standard.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста