DUSHANBE, November 24, Asia-Plus - A commission of the Ministry of Transport that visited the Anzob pass and passed a resolution to close the pass for traffic on November 22.
Alovuddin Anoyatshoyev, the deputy head of the highways department of the Ministry of Transport, told Asia-Plus that there is risk of avalanches in the area of the pass following the recent snowfalls. The pass will be closed through May 2007, according to him.
As it had been reported earlier, the Anzob tunnel will work in the winter period when the Anzob pass is closed for traffic. Formal acceptance of the Anzob tunnel linking the Sughd province to the central part of the country is scheduled for April next year; however, it will work two hours per day, from 12:00 to 14:00, on Thursdays and Sundays.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста