DUSHANBE , January 12, Asia-Plus - The fire in a Dushanbe apartment today morning was caused by defective gas cylinder, acting director of “Dushanbegaz” ( Dushanbe state gas company), Mansur Sharipov, has told Asia-Plus.

“The gas cylinder of the Iran-made gas stove was faulty and instead of calling specialists the householders tried to repair the stove by themselves,” said Sharipov, “The cylinder leaked and they tried to stop a leak by claying the place of leaking and winding scotch round it.”  “As a result, the stove blew up and caused a fire,” the Asia-Plus interlocutor said.