DUSHANBE, May 5, 2011, Asia-Plus  -- Newborn baby girl has died in a home fire in Khuroson district, Khatlon province.    

“Fire broke out in a house of Shodali Azamov in Khatlon’s Khuroson district on Wednesday (May 4), destroying a space of 16 square meters,” a fire official told Asia-Plus in an interview today.  Newborn baby girl who got carbon monoxide poisoning died on the way to hospital, he noted.

According to the preliminary investigation, the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.

260 fires that have been registered in the country since the beginning of this year killed nine persons, leaving another 59 injured.