Fourteen children got food poisoning Sunday (July 28) evening after eating hot dogs at one of street foods in Dushanbe’s Ykkachanor area.  

An official source at the sanitary and epidemiological station in Dushanbe’s Sino district says the children were hospitalized with a diagnosis of an acute food poisoning.  They were reportedly taken to the republican infectious diseases hospital.

According to him, half of the children have already been discharged from the hospital, while the rest are taking treatment; their condition is assessed as stable.     

“They will also be discharged until the evening, and there is no reason for panic,” the source added.

Insanity reportedly reigned in that street food and it was temporarily shut down; samples of products from this street food are being checked in the station’s laboratory.