DUSHANBE, August 8, 2014, Asia-Plus -- Dozens of new facilities for a total amount of 721.4 million will be put in commission in Dushanbe on the occasion of the 23rd Anniversary of Tajikistan’s Independence.
Construction of these facilities has been financed mostly from the city budget or by local entrepreneurs,” Shavkat Saidov, a spokesman for the Dushanbe mayor’ office, told Asia-Plus in an interview.
Among these facilities are several schools, shopping center Poytakht 90, one 12-story apartment building, 11 9-story apartment, 8 5-story apartment buildings and several sports grounds.
“The Dushanbe mayor’s office has also financed construction of a frontier post in the Zafarobod district, Sughd province,” the spokesman said.
According to him, Sheraton Dushanbe Hotel will also open its doors in September this year.
We will recall that US hotel giant Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, inc. signed an agreement with CJSC CHL International last year, to open a Sheraton Hotel in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The Sheraton Dushanbe Hotel marks the entry of Starwood to Tajikistan. The opening of this hotel is part of the company’s global strategic expansion plan that includes adding more than 60 new hotels to the Sheraton portfolio over the next three years.




Controversial street race involving Russian blogger sparks legal questions and public criticism
New industrial zone inaugurated in Dushanbe with launch of three factories
Man arrested in Dushanbe for real estate fraud exceeding 1 million somonis
Central Asia “buying” Trump’s attention: region finds a new approach to U.S. administration
Kazakhstan to limit beef exports until end of 2025 — what it means for Tajikistan
Tajik police arrest suspect in brutal attack on woman in Kazan, set to extradite to Russia
Russia faces chronic labor shortage, says Eurasian Development Bank
Over 5,000 Tajik citizens banned from leaving country due to debt
Global bread price ranking: where does Tajikistan stand?
Kyrgyzstan increases penalties for domestic violence under new law
All news