DUSHANBE, January 28, 2015, Asia-Plus -- Speaking at a news conference in Dushanbe, Ms. Tatiana Kholmurodova, the deputy chairperson of the Communications Service under the Government of Tajikistan, said on January 28 that the communications service agency has allegedly not been well informed about frequent blockage of websites in the country last year.

“In 2014, the communications service agency did not give any instructions to block sites,” said Ms. Kholmurodova.  “Moreover, the Communications Service does not have the authority to block websites.”

We will recall that access to some social networks and news websites was blocked in Tajikistan several times last year.  

Ms. Khlmurodova told reporters today that the number of Internet users in Tajikistan has reached 3.8 million people to date.