DUSHANBE, January 30, Asia-Plus -- Speaking at enlarged session of the government, President Emomali Rahmon said, “The fact that 69 historical and cultural relics have been destroyed in the country over the past 15 years evokes serious concern.”
According to him the relics were destroyed in Vahdat, Tursunzoda, Panjakent, Hissor, Shahrinav, Ayni and Kuhistoni Mastchoh districts.
In the meantime, Muzaffar Azizov, the head of the department for preservation of historical and cultural heritage of the Ministry of Culture (MoC), said that the situation was very serious and more than 100 such cases had been reported.
He named use of lands for housing and so forth as one of the main factors contributing to destruction of cultural relics in the country. “All this points to incapacity of local authorities and relevant bodies in the provinces,” Azizov said.
He added that the law on preservation of historical and cultural relics was adopted only in march 2006.
According to a MoC, 2,000 historical and cultural relics have to date been registered in Tajikistan.



Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста