DUSHANBE, June 10, Asia-Plus -- Some districts in southern Tajikistan have started grain-harvesting campaign, according to the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA).
Tohir Sodiqov, the head of the MoA department for grains and industrial crops, told Asia-Plus today that the mass grain-harvesting campaign is expected to start next week.
According to him, Tajik farmers have harvested wheat from an area of 6,200 hectares so far, which 5,000 hectares more than in the same period of last year. The wheat-harvesting campaign is currently going on in a number of districts of the Khatlon province.
This year, farmers have planted wheat on the area of 275,940 hectares; more than 140,000 hectares of this area are under winter wheat, the MoA official said, noting that the mentioned areas do not include sown areas of the population.



Over 700 artistes in Tajikistan owe more than 660,000 somoni in taxes
How a resident of Khujand became energy-independent
Kazakhstan joins countries sending troops to Gaza: key agreements from the first Peace Council meeting
Murder of gas station cashier in Khatlon province: over 20 stab wounds
Tajik military recruitment official arrested for corruption and bribery
Tajikistan honors athletes with presidential awards for international achievements
Tajikistan's Security Council holds key meeting on national security
Tajikistan shuts down nearly 90 industrial enterprises in 2025
US dollar reportedly maintains dominance in Central Asia amid Chinese yuan hype
US-based company to invest $150 million in Uzbekistan’s gas station network
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста