DUSHANBE, January 12, Asia-Plus - Six people were injured today morning as a gas stove or cylinder blew up in the apartment in Dushanbe, according to information from the Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES).

The MES source says the accident took place in one of apartments in the residential building at the Nemat Qaraboyev Street in Dushanbe ( 144/1 Nemat Qaraboyev Street ).  Six people, including three children were in the apartment when the gas blast occurred, according to the source.  “All of them were taken to the Dushanbe Burn Treatment Center ,” the Asia-Plus interlocutor said. 

Specialists from Tajik interior ministry and emergency services are currently working in the site of the explosion.