DUSHANBE, February 20, Asia-Plus - Four persons were injured Tuesday morning as a natural-gas explosion occurred in an apartment in the Sino district of Dushanbe.  

According to the Committee for Emergency Situations (CES), a gas blast caused a brief flash fire around 5:50 a.m.  A CES said that the blast resulted in damage to the residential building.  The homeowner Mahmadsafar Safarov and two children, his 12-year-old daughter and his 8-year-old nephew Anvar Domullojonov, with serious burns were taken to a burn-treatment facility.   

A source at the CES said that also one child had been found under the wreckages.  “He was also taken to the hospital,” the source said, adding that the information is preliminary.