DUSHANBE, June 29, Asia-Plus — Four persons, including one foreign citizen, were affected by carbon-monoxide poisoning and hospitalized today as a fire occurred at the Dushanbe Hotel, Asia-Plus has learned from the source at City Hospital # 3.  

According to Tajikistan’s firefighting service, the fire took place on the third floor of the hotel.  Six firefighting crews are currently working on the site to extinguish the fire.  The source at the firefighting service refrained from giving further details of the fire.     

We will recall that is already the second fire at the Dushanbe Hotel since the beginning of the year.  The fire that occurred at the Dushanbe Hotel on April 26 completely destroyed the hotel’s hayloft.  According to the firefighting service chief, 500 square meters of the hayloft were gutted in the blaze that is believed to have started on the roof.  The fire was caused by violation of the fire-prevention measures during welding work carried out by the limited liability company Vikomt.  A damage caused to the hotel by the April 26 fire amounted to 80,000 somonis.  No injured was reported in the April 26 fire.