KULOB, May 14, 2010, Asia-Plus -- A sanitary cordon has been created around a tent city set up for disaster-hit people at the stadium in the city of Kulob.
Said Saidjaffarov, an official with the Ministry of Health, told Asia-Plus today that congestion of a large number of people on a relatively small area (people are placed in 502 tents) is fraught with appearance of different infections.
He added that they also closely monitored the situation at the Charmgaroni Poyon Street in the city that was seriously damaged by May 7 flood and mudflow. According to him, they disinfected 120 partially damaged houses on the Charmgaroni Poyon Street yesterday.
“Another two tent cities will be established at the Kulob stadium,” Saidjaffarov said, noting that they have enough disinfectants and disinsectants.
The first tent city was established at the Kulob stadium four days ago and no infection outbreak has been registered there so far, the health official said.
Emomali Rahmon announces plans to expand Tajik exports to European markets
Tajikistan increases areas of orchards and vineyards
Dushanbe’s heat distributing network now buys thermal energy 50% more expensively. Will it increase for the population?
Director of the post office in Hisor accused of embezzling over US$9,500
In 2024 alone, USAID spent US$60.3 million on Tajikistan
“There are no winners in trade wars.” How the world is reacting to Trump’s tariffs
A woman who had been on the run for 11 years was arrested in Dushanbe
Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi: Tajikistan opens its doors to investors
Emomali Rahmon meets with EU officials in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
Emomali Rahmon meets with Uzbek president in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста