DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Three persons died and at least one other was wounded on April 24 as a car crashed into a pole in the southern Khatlon province.
According to the Interior Ministry traffic police department, the accident took place on the highway from Qurghon Teppa to Danghara.
“The 31-year-old Suhrob Abdurahmonov could not control his Opel-Astra and it crashed into the pole,” said the source. “The driver and two his passengers, including Sarband resident Ahliddin Rahimov, 26, and Estonian citizen Robert Puuzepp, 32, died on the spot, while the third passenger, Sarband resident Dilovarsho Hamroyev, 24, sustained various injuries and was hospitalized.”
The traffic police department says 290 traffic accidents have reportedly been registered in Tajikistan over the first three months of this year. 111 persons were killed and 328 others were wounded in those accidents.
Director of the post office in Hisor accused of embezzling over US$9,500
In 2024 alone, USAID spent US$60.3 million on Tajikistan
“There are no winners in trade wars.” How the world is reacting to Trump’s tariffs
A woman who had been on the run for 11 years was arrested in Dushanbe
Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi: Tajikistan opens its doors to investors
Emomali Rahmon meets with EU officials in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
Emomali Rahmon meets with Uzbek president in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
No water, no food: Central Asia reminded of the threats
New U.S. foreign policy priorities and possible consequences for Central Asia
The UN World Food Programme in Tajikistan invites to an online auction
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста