DUSHANBE, January 31, Asia-Plus  -- Two children died from carbon-monoxide poisoning in Sughd’s Bobojonghafurov district on the night of January 29-30, according to the Ministry of Interior (MoI).

The source at a MoI said that because of lack of electrical power householders used “sandali” (Tajik national stove) for heating houses. 

According to him, the 4-year-old Parviz and 3-year-old Muslima died from carbon-monoxide poisoning caused by malfunctioning stove.     

A similar incident has taken place in the Tajik capital as well but fortunately without fatal outcome.  There minors aged 10 to 13 have got carbon-monoxide poisoning caused by a malfunctioning gas stove.  Fortunately, medical workers managed to save them.