KULOB, May 28, 2009, Asia-Plus -- A special commission, comprising representatives from the Kulob mayor’s office, today released report on damage caused to the city by heavy rainfalls and resulting mudflows and floods this month.
The Kulob emergencies official, Major Orzou Rahmonov, told Asia-Plus that the overall damage caused to city had been estimated at 3 million somoni.
“48 residential buildings have been damaged over the report period and seven of them have been destroyed completely,” said Rahmonov, “Besides, families from seven residential buildings on the Huvaydulloyev, Protopopov and Tamoshoteppa streets have been evacuated and they are currently living in houses of their friends or relatives.”
In the meantime, disaster-hit people in the city have been complained that local authorities are late in providing assistance to them.
Director of the post office in Hisor accused of embezzling over US$9,500
In 2024 alone, USAID spent US$60.3 million on Tajikistan
“There are no winners in trade wars.” How the world is reacting to Trump’s tariffs
A woman who had been on the run for 11 years was arrested in Dushanbe
Gala dinner in Abu Dhabi: Tajikistan opens its doors to investors
Emomali Rahmon meets with EU officials in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
Emomali Rahmon meets with Uzbek president in Samarkand to discuss cooperation
No water, no food: Central Asia reminded of the threats
New U.S. foreign policy priorities and possible consequences for Central Asia
The UN World Food Programme in Tajikistan invites to an online auction
All news
Авторизуйтесь, пожалуйста